If you wish to make the most of your candle, there are several steps you can take to optimize its burn life and provide the best candle care possible.
1. Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4″.
Soy wax burns at a low temperature, giving it a long burn life. However, if the flame is too large, it will burn much faster. Trimming the wick to an optimal length will keep the flame low and slow-burning.
2. Burn for at least 2-3 hours at a time.
Soy wax has what is called a “memory.” This means that the melted wax will pool in the same way as it did for the previous burn. Because of this feature, you want to burn the candle at least long enough for the pool to reach the edges of the container. This is the most efficient way for your candle to burn and will reduce tunneling.
3. Keep burning candles off of and away from flammable objects.
4. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
5. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
6. Do not lift your candle by the lid.
The lid alone will not support the weight of the candle. Picking it up by the lid may cause the candle to be dropped and damaged or may cause injury.
7. Do not microwave your candle.
All candles contain a metal wick tab, which makes them unsafe for microwaving.
8. If you accidentally spill…
Use hot soapy water to clean up any spilled wax. The heat will melt the wax and make it easier to wipe up.
9. Reuse your candle container.
Lenore Cole is all about sustainability! Since the ingredients are biodegradable, unused wax is easily disposed of and containers can be cleaned with soap and water. Containers can be reused as makeup brush holders, cups, storage containers, or whatever!